Do you have a website? If so, you absolutely need to understand and to be familiar with the way that Google AdWords works. This tool allows you to earn a good ranking in the search results following a search query being entered on Google. In order to succeed, you have to be willing to pay certain fees on a regular basis, as Google AdWords’ effect only works when you pay.
How does paid referencing work
Paid referencing, of which Google AdWords is a part, is a web marketing strategy aimed at attracting visitors on a website. It is also known under the names of Pay Per Click (PPC) or Search Engine Advertising (SEA).
This advertising system allows websites that pay to appear in the best search result rankings, which are generally the first 3 results and those that are found at the bottom of the page. In order to have access to this service, a person must start an account on their website and aim for certain keywords that are related to the services and/or content they offer. The amounts that will need to be paid can vary from one extreme to another, as it is possible to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars per week.
Paid referencing vs. Organic referencing
Although they are often presented as opposing forces, organic referencing and paid referencing work very well when they are combined. In a nutshell, organic referencing is a set of website optimization techniques aiming to increase its visibility. To learn more about this subject, check out our article What is organic referencing?
Organic referencing has long term results and can take more time to show its impact whereas paid referencing works much more quickly.
How much does an AdWords campaign cost?
There are three variables that must be taken into consideration to know how much you will need to spend for an AdWords campaign
- First is the price you are willing to pay per click (PPC) or per lead (PPL). In the second case, you have to pay according to the number of contracts or sales with respect to the number of visitors that come on your site;
- Next, there are management fees that are only applicable if you collaborate with an agency for your paid referencing campaigns;
- Lastly is the maximum budget you wish to spend per day on your campaign. In general, it is recommended to choose a budget that amounts to somewhere between $200 and $1000 per month, but this number can vary depending on the size of your company and according to your needs.
The cost per click can vary depending on the amount of competition in your field. When a specific field has a lot of players, you will have to pay more to stand out. In this sense, Google AdWords works like an online auction where several people compete to get the best ranking for a specific keyword.
How to aim for the right keywords
To know which keywords you should aim for, you must start by preparing a list of words and phrases that are most likely to be relevant for your website and services. Next, you will need to use a tool like Google Keyword Planner or Moz to measure the amount of competition, the number of people that do searches for these keywords and the estimated costs for the AdWord campaigns. Following that, you will be able to choose which ones work best for you.
You can select popular keywords, if you feel that they are very important for your website, but also remember to focus on keywords with less competition as even though they get fewer searches, you have better chances of earning good results.
3 things to know about Google AdWords
- A profitable campaign needs more than just money. You will have to master Google AdWords’ tools in order to properly target your audience, geographical zone, standard profile, etc.
- Google sets a quality score that helps it to decide who will be placed in the top results. This score takes into account the relevancy of your website and its content. This means that if your website does not have high-quality content, you can pay a lot of money without earning a high ranking. The AdRank system calculates both your quality score and the amount of money you are willing to spend.
- 9 web users out of 10 click on the first three search results that appear when they launch a query. That is why Google AdWords is so useful, as these are the first results that show up under the search bar.
Learning more about Google AdWords
Are you looking to find out more about Google AdWords, how to optimize your campaigns, how much you need to spend and more? Here is a list of articles that we have published on our marketing blog, which will help you know and master the subject:
- What is Google AdWords?
- What is paid search, PPC and Google AdWords? How much do campaigns cost?
- How to manage an AdWords campaign
- What are the prices of online referencing?
- How to increase your website's visibility
Find an expert to manage your AdWords campaigns
Have you decided to hire a specialist to set up and manage AdWords campaigns for your company? B2BQuotes can help you find the expert that you need! Simply fill out the form above and you will be referred to 3 certified service providers. We have a network that includes hundreds of specialists. You will get references for service providers that offer the type of service you are looking for.
It's easy, quick and free!
Website redesignBudget: 15 000$
" The service was excellent. The B2BQuotes team was polite and courteous and has met all our expectations referring us to dynamic and competent people. "
-- Manufacturing company - Donnaconasource: facebook
Promotional video productionBudget: 50 000$
" For our television and web video production company (Productions Chaumont), we had the pleasure of signing an American client. Thanks to B2B Quotes. "
-- Service provider on B2BQuotessource: facebook
Adwords campaignBudget for phase 1: 3 000$
" I was looking to get different quotes from experimented candidates in the tourism industry. Looking through my entourage for referrals, I ended up finding B2BQuotes! Quickly, I was put in touch with 3 agencies that had 3 different backgrounds and selected one of them for a partnership. "
-- Tourism business - Saint-Eustachesource: facebook
E-mail marketingBudget for phase 1: 10 000$
" Very effective and targeted service to suit our needs! This company has saved me a lot of time in my search for service providers. "
-- Paragovernemental association - Montrealsource: facebook
General marketing and web positioningBudget: 11 000$
" Amazing marketing web platform. The quotes we received were relevant, respected the budget we specified and all the agencies referred were qualified. The customer service was ultra-efficient and professional. Thank you! "
-- Cultural organization - Chamblysource: facebook